[time-nuts] Cs tube pics

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Nov 2 04:14:51 EDT 2016

--------
In message <CAN7ULzQS4bVwTPsp0kPrd8mNyash4pn7Qgf3zODA9puqnHV++Q at mail.gmail.com>, Clint Jay wr
ites:

>While I've no need for such accuracy in my little home workshop,  I
>*really* would like a Cs standard,  just because.
>
>The Rb and GPSDO are more than adequate for my needs but I can understand
>(and, for now, manage to resist) the addiction to accuracy and find it
>fascinating that such results can be achieved.

Many years a go, we installed ethernet over the entire campus of Denmarks
largest engineering company (FLS).  At the center of it all, we had the
first Cisco AGS+ sold, fitted with all ethernet ports.

Of course at some point the CEO comes round and wants to see "that new
expensive network box" which had cost so much money.

I will never forget the look on his face when the CIO opened the rackdoor
and showed him a 6U box with a huge Cisco logo and nothing else.

	(https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/1*A1Qt9uU3lRmzfx_5O_QkgA.png)

Cesiums are a lot like that.