[time-nuts] WWVB software for PC

Vlad time at patoka.org
Wed Nov 2 12:05:25 EDT 2016

I am wandering, if anybody seen the projects like WWVB simulation
(transmitter) using GPS/NTP/whatever as a time reference ?
I have something similar, which is generic PIC MCU with connected WWVB
antenna. This box generate WWVB signal for very short range. However its
handy for developing/troubleshooting the WWVB receivers. There is no
fancy parts on that - just an WWVB antenna, which many "travel radio
clock" has under the hood. Unfortunately those box using internal
oscillator and every time it needs the time to be setup on it.
The reason to have "GPS-2-WWVB" could be use it to sync. some watches
without relay on WWVB signal propagation. Sometimes its a challenge to
get WWVB in big cities because of location and QRM.

--
WBW,

V.P.