[time-nuts] So what’s inside that Cs Beam Tube anyway?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:06:34 EDT 2016

William thats what I found also. Now you have to get it into the tube.
To the comment on heating. Thats sort of how Frankenstein works 5060 tube
in a 5061. I designed a DC oven controller and run the oven hotter.
I now speculate the reason they ran the ac oven was because DC interferes
as a magnetic field. The signal is noisy but locks always. This tube is so
weak that only through more amplification an external meter and magnifying
glass do I find beam peaks. But they are there. Talk about a pain to tune
for.
By the way to prove that theory I need to build a AC oven controller. Sort
of just haven't gotten there.
??? For really smart folks.
Frankenstein runs slightly fast and I can see this. If the Cesium is hotter
then the  specified temperature I suspect the lines slightly move.
Everything will lock but its not correct.
Is that a reasonable answer?
Thanks
Paul
WB8TSL