[time-nuts] Thermal impact on OCXO

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 11:54:14 EDT 2016

Sounds like you already realized this. Phase is the integral of frequency
and the derivative of phase (phase rate) is frequency. So if you go from
nominal frequency - slow - nominal or equivalently nominal frequency - fast
- nominal the phase integrates up/down.

It would be a little more complicated for an ocxo since it is servoing the
xo temperature, you would need to know the disturbance rejection (gain,
time constant for a simple Pi controller) to try and feedfoward correct the
phase error.