[time-nuts] Nutty time-nuttery with WWVB

Peter Reilley preilley_454 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 07:18:42 EST 2016

I have a few of those "atomic" clocks that receive WWVB to set the time.
However since I live on the east coast they may only pick up the signal
once or twice per year.

Could I implement my own personal WWVB transmitter that would
be powerful enough to be picked up by the clocks in my house?
The signal at 60 KHz might be able to be produced directly by some
sound cards.   With that and a ferrite rod antenna I might get
reliable time elsewhere in my house outside of my lab.

Has anyone tried this?

Pete.