[time-nuts] Nutty time-nuttery with WWVB

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Nov 10 08:15:05 EST 2016

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 07:18:42 -0500
Peter Reilley <preilley_454 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Could I implement my own personal WWVB transmitter that would
> be powerful enough to be picked up by the clocks in my house?
> The signal at 60 KHz might be able to be produced directly by some
> sound cards.   With that and a ferrite rod antenna I might get
> reliable time elsewhere in my house outside of my lab.

There are many of those. Just google for WWVB simulator.
Interestingly, there seem more DCF77 simulators out there than
WWVB ones.

As Clint wrote, be carefull not to emit too much. Transmit only
as much power that your clocks can just barely receive it.
Which probably means not to connect any wire at all.

60kHz is low enough that it will pass through all but steel reinforced
concrete like through air and thus you will probably jam all sourounding
houses/clocks as well.

The same is also true for repeaters, btw.

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.