[time-nuts] Secondary phase noise standard & FE405

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Nov 12 17:52:30 EST 2016

Hi

Yes, the FE-405 uses a DDS and a cleanup. Inside the cleanup loop the DDS spurs come
straight through. Since the FE-405 compensates for all sorts of things, the DDS moves
around a lot. Even a one bit change on a DDS will move spurs around. With an ever changing
DDS, you have an ever changing forest of “stuff” on the output.

Not the best thing for a “standard” …..

Bob