[time-nuts] How can I measure GPS Antenna quality?

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 21:01:31 EST 2016

You need a definition of "Quality" to work with.

One definition might be "does it meet published specs? under what
conditions?"
Another definition might be associated with reliability and ruggedness.
Longevity in outdoor conditions.
Another might be with the antenna supporting your use case.
Another might be with suppression of reflections and spurious signals from
below the horizon.

So, the definition of "Quality" might change drastically with the use case
and from your expectations as to its cost.

If you have a definition of your quality criteria, then this crowd can
probably tell you what to measure and how to analyze the measurement data.

--- Graham

==