[time-nuts] Question about AD9832 "I out Full Scale" (what does it mean?)

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Nov 21 17:32:36 EST 2016

Well, here is response from ADI:

Quote:
If I remember correctly, this part implements a differential DAC current
source, but only one of the outputs is bonded externally.
In this case, the current settle by Rset should  be divided by 2...,
which explain your results.
I'll update the DS as soon as this has been confirmed.
Unquote...

This sounded reasonable when I first read it, but then I realized
that what he was talking about would explain a factor of 2 error
in output VOLTAGE, but not current.  So I think he confused himself.

It should be interesting to see if he can "confirm" it.

Stay tuned.

Rick