[time-nuts] Time, NTD, IoT and bug fixes

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 05:42:43 EST 2016

Given recent discussions of IoT, NTP and wall clocks, this may be of
interest

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/11/23/ntp_patch_time_rolls_around_again/

And the vulnerabilities:

http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/633847

Clint.
=======================================

Folks needing updates for Windows can get them here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/x86/index.html

and Meinberg have updated their install program too.  I compiled the source
on Linux for the Raspberry Pi OK, but it doesn't compile on an older Linux
that I have on another x86 PC (which compiles the previous ntp-4.2.8p8).

Does this affect systems not serving NTP to the outside world?

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk