[time-nuts] Google public NTP service

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Nov 30 16:06:06 EST 2016

>From Gary Miller:
> You gotta start sometime.  Now is a good time.  This is not the first
> time Google has done this, and certainly will not be the last.  It had
> bad consequences last time and they did not learn from that.

This is not the fault of google. The big players will continue to innovate and solve timing problems as long as the official scientific and political world do nothing.

May I request that further discussion of this google / NTP / leap second issue take place in ntp forums or the LEAPSECS list, and not here on time-nuts.

Thanks,
/tvb
Moderator, http://leapsecond.com/time-nuts.htm