[time-nuts] notch filter for close in phase noise measurement

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Oct 2 10:52:44 EDT 2016

Hi

The notch is (say) 60 db deep at the carrier frequency. At 100 Hz off the carrier frequency,
it still has some depth. It might be 50 db deep, it could be 10 db deep. A lot depends on the
crystal you have. Even if it’s only 10 db deep, the phase noise you measure at 100 Hz off
carrier will be “off” by 10 db.

Bob