[time-nuts] notch filter for close in phase noise measurement

Adrian Rus adrian.rus at broadhurst.ro
Sun Oct 2 12:05:12 EDT 2016

Rick,
Why hunt goose with the cannon? The post is about a simple(r) crystal notch filter, nothing more and nothing less. It is not about notch filters (in general) against quadrature method, nor about number of RF components or about their noise floor limitation.
It is about this notch filter against other notch filters.
As per simplicity, to mix 2 oscillators in quadrature one need the second oscillator, the high level mixer, the PLL and the baseband (FFT) analyzer.
Best,
Adrian

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Orange network.