[time-nuts] Lady Heather on MacOS X

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:32:05 EDT 2016

Yes,  it runs fine on Raspberry PI's and even a Mac Mini G4 Power PC processor (using Ubuntu Mate... I have not tested the XQuartz implementation for the Power PC, but it is available).   I have a routine that detects the processor byte ordering and shuffles things around as needed.  Some receivers send binary values in Intel byte ordering and others send them in Motorola format.

The one requirement for the system CPU (with some receivers) is that the processor uses IEEE format floating point numbers.  Otherwise, you would need to modify a couple of routines that send/receive binary data to do the format conversion.