[time-nuts] ADC sample voting algorithm?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Oct 6 01:24:09 EDT 2016

time-nuts at febo.com said:
> That’s kind of why I’m going down the road of multiple samples - to see if
> there’s anything to it.

I would hack up some way to grab a clump (say 10) of samples and print them
out where you can capture them on a PC and analyze them.

I'd start by looking with the old Mark 1 eyeballs, then write hack code to
filter out the good stuff so I can see the bad/interesting cases.

If you have a scope, it might be interesting to trigger on PPS and look at
the ADC trigger and input voltage.  If you have a digital scope with the
remember forever option, that would catch the delayed interrupt bug that Jim
Harman reported.

-------

The simple way to discard occasional bogus samples is to loop until you get 2
identical samples.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.