[time-nuts] Measure GPSDO stability with minimum resources?

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:37:02 EDT 2016

The HP Smartclock app note will help you a lot:

http://leapsecond.com/hpan/an1279.pdf

There are lots of Z3801A EFC curves on the web for you to see what typical
range of unit-to-unit variation is.

Of course to actually test holdover, you do that by opening the PLL loop
(unhook GPS antenna) and letting the EFC extrapolation in your software run
for a day (or whatever), watching the phase difference. Then you have to
test that the system recovers back into phase lock smoothly after getting
hooked back up.

Tim N3QE