[time-nuts] Inexpensive Alternative to a 5120A

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 07:06:20 EDT 2016

Let's back up, start over.   I want to use an SDR-like thing to
characterize my new 10MHz oscillator, or actually to compare it to my
Thunderbolt
What are the steps?

Then after we list the steps I want to see why so many samples are required

Or maybe a better way to ask is "How will the results be limited if I
can only sample at 2.3 MSPS?

Obviously I'n not directly sampling there 10MHz signal.  I'm sampling
there frequency difference that a mixer gives me.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California