[time-nuts] 1PPS to 32.768 khz

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 00:23:33 EDT 2016

It might be easier to go the other away around...  take a GPS receiver with a programmable output frequency and set it to produce 32768 KHz.   The Venus timing receivers can produce accurate output frequencies (but with a fair amount of jitter, which would be irrelevant to a clock display).

I think that the Venus timing receivers use a factional N divisor scheme that can produce exactly 32768 Hz from the 120 MHz processor clock.  Other receivers with programmable outputs may or may not be able to.   Nick Sayer has a Venus timing module for around $40   The $6 NavSpark Mini receivers also use a Venus chip with a programmable output, but I don't know if their frequency generator is as fancy as the timing receiver.  I'd check mine, but my frequency counters are all tied up for quite a while.