[time-nuts] 1PPS to 32.768 khz

planophore at aei.ca planophore at aei.ca
Wed Oct 19 07:10:22 EDT 2016

Lee,

Another option might be something like this:

http://qrp-labs.com/progrock.html

it is a standalone ATTiny based device which uses a plug in Si5351a
synthesizer. Output frequencies from as low as 3.515 khz to a 100+ MHz
can programmed and can be GPS disciplined suing a GPS' PPS. There are
some limits on the PPS (i.e. very narrow will work).

Granted, phase noise and jitter in this example are a wildcard and I
couldn't comment on that with respect to your application.

The Si5351a synthesizer board uses a simple 27MHz crystal but can
replaced with a standard SMD 27MHz oscillator or TCXO. Once "burned"
in, can be very stable all on it's own and may be sufficient your needs.

cheers, Graham