[time-nuts] Has anybody checked this? GPSDO in kit

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Oct 22 20:29:33 EDT 2016

Hi

The bigger issue with doing a “home brew” OCXO is getting crystals with
known turn temperatures in a reasonable range for the project. Yes, you
can build gear to do temperature runs on crystals and sort bags full of them.
It’s likely that your whole bag of 5,000 came from the same bar and your
net result will all look a lot alike…..

Bob