[time-nuts] Aging and Thermal Correction in Holdover

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Wed Oct 26 13:01:17 EDT 2016

I'm working on the Aging and Thermal Correction algorithms in my GPSDO.  At this point, it's pretty simple: For aging, every X seconds I either increment or decrement the DAC value by 1 as determined by the unit's performance history.  For thermal, every X seconds (user settable) I check to see if the thermistor has increased or decreased and step the DAC one step in that direction.
So, now I'm wondering if there's any correlation between the temperature and aging.  IOW, if the ambient temperature in the case goes up a degree F, does that change the aging rate by some small fractional value?  I recognize that there is a point of diminishing returns, and I may have already hit that.

Bob