[time-nuts] What would be the proper equipment and procedure?

Bill Hawkins bill.iaxs at pobox.com
Sat Oct 29 01:11:42 EDT 2016

Ah, you might not have meant that for this list. You are a man of many
talents.

Dimethyl mercury has given elemental mercury a bad name it doesn't
deserve. As a youth, I used it to turn pennies into silvery dimes.
Father said he'd ingested a teaspoon to see how fast it would go through
him. In his day, beryllium pliers were used around explosives because
they were non-sparking. We both lived many years afterwards. People who
don't understand the difference between elements and compounds insist
that cleaning up after a broken mercury thermometer be done wearing moon
suits. So it goes - as time goes by.

Bill Hawkins