[time-nuts] Z3801A gps week rollover

Ben Hall kd5byb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 08:44:00 EDT 2016

On 9/4/2016 10:48 PM, Mark Sims wrote:
> Sometime (I didn't have it connected) in  the last couple of weeks
> my Z3801A went into gps week rollover.
>
> If you have a Z3801A that had been working properly you might want to
> check yours.  Different firmware versions roll over at different
> times.

My Z3801 seems to be working fine, reporting today as 05 Sep 2016:

<http://www.kd5byb.net/kd5bybgpscon/gpsstat.htm>

That said, it had been off for a long time prior to it going back online
in December 2014.  When I fired it back up, it did misreport the date
until I forced with, the set time command I believe?

I've never been able to figure out the self-test error.  It keeps
working...so I keep using it...  ;)

14 years of power-on time...  :)

thanks much and 73,
ben, kd5byb