[time-nuts] Normal operating specs of a Morion MV89?

Brian M brayniac at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:06:59 EDT 2016

Yes. This low output due to capacitor failure is a very common failure.
>From the last set of MV89a I got on the bay, all had this issue.

I had good luck opening mine with a hot air rework station with a small
nozzle to blow the solder seal away. A bit of careful prying with a thin
flat screwdriver while it is still hot to pop the bottom from the case. The
capacitor is easy to get to once the outer can is removed. Hot air to
remove. Then tweezers and a fine point soldering pencil made for an easy
repair.

Obviously, be very careful and be sure to work on an appropriate surface
for the amount of heat involved.
- Brian