[time-nuts] A new take on the all-hardware GPSDO concept

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Tue Sep 27 00:24:42 EDT 2016

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 1:13 PM, Lars Walenius <lars.walenius at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> My experience with the Venus838-T is only 2 weeks but disappointing. This can also be guessed from the datasheet ADEV curve, that I guess is sawtooth corrected values as it starts at 3E-9 at 1s, but is only 1E-11 at 1000s a factor 10 worse than I get with the LEA-6T with the same antenna and setup. If anyone have ADEV-MDEV curves to share I would be glad to see what can be achieved with the venus838-T. My conclusion is also that sawtooth correction is useless on my 838-T.

Are you talking about the PPS output or the frequency output (10 MHz by default)?

I haven’t attempted to get ADEV plots of the PPS output mainly because I’m not sure the best experimental setup.

I could (try to) capture time differences between the PPS output of a thunderbolt and the PPS output of the Venus, but would taking the ADEV of that give correct results?