[time-nuts] Efratom MFS-209 conversion information.

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Sep 28 11:20:35 EDT 2016

Hi Colin,

The MBF distribution modules are all simple buffers,
and are mounted on the back panel.  Being distribution
modules, they typically have 4 BNC outputs per module.

The MBF module you want to modify is the one that
*drives* the MBF distribution modules.

It is of the same species as the distribution modules,
but has other parts of the PCB populated to allow for
divide/2, and certain filters.

It is mounted on the *front panel*, has no, or maybe
one BNC connector.  It is also labeled MBF.

EFRATOM took the module reuse business a little too
far in my opinion.  It would have been better if they
would have made a different panel label for the two
species of MBF modules.

-Chuck Harris