[time-nuts] Normal operating specs of a Morion MV89?

Tim Lister listertim at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:58:31 EDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Tom Miller <tmiller11147 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Just put a 47 or 56 ohm resistor from the output pin to ground and look at
> it with a X10 scope probe.
>
> Do you get a sine wave? Over 1 volt pp?

Hi Tom, Scott, I used about two feet of a (Pomona) coax to
minigrabbers test lead and connected it direct to the scope and set
the attenuation to 1x in the channel menus. I attached the
minigrabbers to the RF and GND pins on the Morion since I didn't fancy
holding a probe near the ~50 degree C Morion case.. I got a nice clean
sine wave and the in-scope measurement routines reported 2.3 V
peak-to-peak. I had 1V/div set so I could fit the OCXO and GPSDO
outputs on the scope screen for comparison. (I haven't been able to
get a screen capture yet as I need to find a small enough capacity USB
key that will be supported by the scope)

Tim