[time-nuts] Spirent STR4500 GPS simulator

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 5 13:36:00 EDT 2017

Hi Phil,

I just wanted to chime in an make a note that the STR4500 seems to have
USB connection rather than serial. The manual mentions installing a
driver. I wonder if the USB port is nothing but a glorified serial port.
When you hook it up, what does your computer report? You should be able
to get some info that way. If so, finding the 4100 manual that Bob
mentioined was not too hard, and banging away on those commands where
not too complex by the looks of it.

Tempted.

Cheers,
Magnus