[time-nuts] Car Clock drift - the lowly 32kHz tuning fork crystal specs

Bill Hawkins bill.iaxs at pobox.com
Sun Apr 9 16:11:03 EDT 2017

Nice article in Wikipedia. Didn't see any familiar names in the
reference list, though.

Seems to me inhibition compensation is useful for compensating for the
variation in purchased crystal frequencies, but not for temperature
compensation.

Also seems to me that a watch spends 2/3 of a day at wrist temperature
and 1/3 at bedroom temperature, which varies with the seasons.

Would a ceramic capacitor crafted for a certain temperature coefficient
work? Can the fork have a crafted tempco?

Bill Hawkins