[time-nuts] Car Clock drift - the lowly 32kHz tuning fork crystal specs

Alex Pummer alex at pcscons.com
Sun Apr 9 22:01:05 EDT 2017

actually it does not compensate for temperature it is just for reduce
the production cost for the crystal. We --Jean Hoerni [founder of
intersil, Eurosil and one of the  traitors who started Fairchild
Semiconductor] and me -- made something very similar at the time of
begin of the quartz clock era for Lipp a French watch maker in Bezancon
[a city an France the spelling is most likely not correct]. The company
exhibited it at the Basler exhibition of Horology, the clock was simple
good working and not to expensive, Ebachos --OMEGA -- people visited the
booth, they also had their quartz  clock which was much more expensive
-- they looked, the Lipp clock and told na there are Rolls-Royce s and
deux chevaux [that was a simple little ugly but very reliably French car
] as response Mr. Hoerni told them yes, and there are technologies not
known in your house, the Omega people recognized him and walked away
quietly...

73

Alex