[time-nuts] HP 100D FS [WAS: HP 105D FS]

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Apr 9 20:15:31 EDT 2017

Hi

The “heated crystal” approach was pretty common up until the 1970’s. Both GR
and HP moved over to "electronics in the oven” at about the same time(early 60’s) for rack mount
standards.  There are a few tube based OCXO’s with heated electronics. Some of them
date to the 1960’s others appear to date earlier than that.  The 5 MHz 3rd overtone
crystal dates to the early 1950’s and it certainly was used in standard applications
in that era.

Bob