[time-nuts] HP E1938A question

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Apr 24 12:28:42 EDT 2017

The main issue is that the oven will no longer be at the
crystal turnover temperature.  If you are using it in
a benign environment, you might not need the extreme
thermal performance enabled by being dead nuts on the
turnover.  You still have an oven with thermal gain
in the 100's of thousands.

The test software had the ability to sweep the oven temperature
and allow you to find the turn over.  There was some way to
then set the oven to this temperature.  I don't know if anyone
currently knows how to make the software do this anymore.
I knew at one time, but have long forgotten.

Rick N6RK