[time-nuts] Time-nut going England!

shouldbe q931 shouldbeq931 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 18:08:45 EDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'll be in the UK for three weeks and will have a "free" week
> between 13th and 20th of May. I will most probably be around
> the London area and maybe spend a day or two in Southampton.
>
> If someone wants to meet for a beer or cup of hot chocolate,
> or knows of time-nutty things to do, please let me know.
>
> I would also appreciate if someone knows an affordable place
> to stay at in London, so that it doesn't strain the purse
> of this poor student too much.
>
>                         Attila Kinali

As somebody that lives in London...

Airbnb is probably the lowest cost option to stay for a week, there
are people advertising rooms for under £20 per night

Places that are worthwhile to see historic timepieces

http://www.rmg.co.uk/ has H1,H2, H3 & H4 (I think only H1 is on
display at the moment)  and of course you can stand on the Greenwich
meridian, be there before 13:00 and you can see the ball go down the
pole, which might be the first time "signal".they also have a 5071a
that was used by NPL (the UK equiv of NIST).

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk has another Harrison clock.

Cheers