[time-nuts] TAPR Oncore M12+ kit

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 28 22:27:45 EDT 2017

I'd say screw the gasket / inset crud and go with flat stock or pcb material (my Star-4 GPSDO came in a very similar housing and uses PCB endplates.   It's much easier and cheaper.  I doubt that very many people will be installing these outdoors, etc and need the fancy pants end plates and gaskets..

Two useful things to add to the stock hole pattern is a hole for a 2.1 mm DC barrel connector jack and a 1PPS output (but I don't think there is room, so get the 1PPS off of the D-sub, maybe with an SMA for the 1PPS, both would fit OK?  Perhaps replace the antenna BNC with an SMA?...  my units is elsewhere at the moment so I can't do any measurinh).

On my GPS, I disconnected the power wires from the D-sub and hooked them to a 2.1 mm jack.  It's much easier than building the adapter "Y" cable.  You use a null modem cable or adapter to connect to a PC.