[time-nuts] Can Lady Heather set PC time directly from a TrimbleThunderbolt?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 4 10:50:21 EDT 2017

From: Clay Autery

I use Meinberg's NTP for Windows... and their Monitor program.

https://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/sw/ntp.htm

73,
=======================

Clay,

That's a Windows compile of the source I mentioned:

> https://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ntp_spool/ntp4/ntp-4.2/ntp-4.2.8p10.tar.gz

made into a rather nice installable package.  I also offer a guide to
installing the software:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html

and some recent binaries if all you need are updates (although the Meinberg
installer also offers an update only mode):

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/x86/index.html

I have a PPS/GPS attached to several Windows-10 PCs for better timekeeping -
down to the hundred-microsecond level:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp.php#windows-stratum-1

73,
David GM8ARV