[time-nuts] Thunderbolt question

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Aug 5 15:23:24 EDT 2017

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 10:47:40 -0400
paul swed <paulswedb at gmail.com> wrote:

> The .5 on the f connector is an issue and thats through the filter on top
> of the board made of traces and 3 caps. From Arthur's digging I would agree
> he found the chip or one that would work. But that chips voltages seem to
> match so most likely not the issue. What does the F connector measure to
> ground? A strike could have burned the internals of the F connector. Above
> the DC filer will be some form of current limiting. Maybe an inductor or
> resistor.

Not necessarily. You need quite a bit of energy to leave visible
burn marks on a connector. It's more likely that the spike at the
input just reached a couple 100V. Too little to damage the connector,
but enough to fry a few components and make them go *pop*.

				Attila Kinali

--
You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to