[time-nuts] Atomic clocks and Wassenaar agreement

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Aug 20 06:07:42 EDT 2017

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 08:50:59 +0000
"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> >Bob your right its interesting that the sales locations are in China and
> >India. Perhaps a larger opportunity for a RB reference today.
>
> Could be because hydrogen masers are dual-use under the Waasenaar Arrangement ?

As far as I can tell, there is no explicit mention of atomic
clocks. But the list of dual use electronics is long and broad.
E.g. Section 3. A. 1. b. 10. covers basically all low noise
frequency sources. Including just a simple low-noise XO.

Does anyone have more specific knowledge?

			Attila Kinali

--
You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to