[time-nuts] Rubidium freq standard - temperature

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Dec 1 09:17:28 EST 2017

Hi

Back a while ago EG&G decided they needed a new name. The connection of the
company name to various pieces of history was believed to be an issue. Back then
they were actively buying up various companies. When they bought Perkin Elmer,
they decided to use that name for the new company. I used to drive past the (now
empty) Perkin Elmer HQ building on my way to work.

Tracking much of anything down at the company (regardless of the name) is a bit
crazy. You need to go to the division involved with the work and see if they have
the info you are after.

These Rb’s were designed as FRK / M-100 clones back in the 1980’s. Back then,
the idea of serial control was not as pervasive as it is today. They may well have
been redesigned in the 1990’s or even later. If so, the marketing guys didn’t have
much of an advertising budget ….

Bob