[time-nuts] IEEE Spectrum - Dec 2017 - article on chip-scale atomic frequency reference

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 9 15:39:50 EST 2017

Hi,

On 12/09/2017 09:13 PM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> I suspect that at the practical level, you define standard atmospheric pressure, standard
> gravity, standard magnetic field ….. and on down the list. At some point “sea level” becomes
> a redundant expression.

The standard acceleration is internationally agreed at 3rd CGPM in 1901
to be 9.80665 m/s^2. So, that is "sea level". See SI brochure, I used
version 8 in english, page 143.

This is also the standard value I have in my calculators and used for
all my acceleration calculations.

In practice labs have their contributions into EAL/TAI corrected for
their deviation from "sea level" for proper frequency of TAI.

Cheers,
Magnus