[time-nuts] Helmholtz Resonator and other Maintained Oscillators

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Dec 10 06:37:46 EST 2017

Hi,

Recommended reading relating to this is the acoustical and audio
engineering material.

"Acoustical Engineering" by Harry F. Olson is a really good book. I
covers many of the theory work on speakers etc. and uses electrical
models and ways to estimtate their effects. This book I have used to
again and again debunk "new" speaker concepts, as it turns out it has
already been tried before.

AES have released 4 collections of articles out of JAES on speakers. In
there is the moderload of Thiele-Small articles that extends the work of
Olson to more and more refined methods. Estimating the losses and
resonant properties is a key aspect, as they have huge impact on the on
the audio.

Also, there is a good book on acoustics by Beranek, of
Bolt-Beranek-Newman if that rings a bell to Internet old-timers, which
may be applicable.

I could do a more detailed dig in my library if needed, but there is
some good material out there.

Cheers,
Magnus - AES member and used to do professional audio PA system design