[time-nuts] General Radio Model 723D Precision Oscillator (Tuning Fork)

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 16:33:58 EST 2017

Here is the link to some fine pictures and the schematic. Its uasable.
http://worldpowersystems.com/J/instruments/GR723/
As a heads up the AC power comes in and is immediately doubled.
Loaded something like 164 VDC.
Reg tubes 107 V.
Osc draws 35 Ma at 135V B+.
Fil 1.42V at 47 ma.
Distortions quite low .219% Tek AA501.
IMD 5.59% Tek AA501.
I actually used independent supplies when I fired it up the first time.
Totally did not trust the power supply.
Takes about 20 seconds to start up.
You will hear it running quite apparent.
I have a theory. Crystals were invented so you would not need to listen to
the tuning fork.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL