[time-nuts] Simple open source microcontroller solution to tune DDS needed

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Dec 13 15:30:57 EST 2017

Hi

I’m having a little trouble spotting the 9836 in AD’s current lineup of DDS chips. The
stuff below is thus a bit generic.

My guess is that you will have a hard time finding a canned solution. There are a
bunch of registers on your typical DDS part. The what to stuff where tends to be pretty
application specific (output frequency, clock frequency, amplitudes, modes ….). It’s not
rocket science, but it also will vary quite a bit from application to application.

By far the most common “easy to use” programming environment is the Arduino. You
still will be pretty deep into this and that to get anything done. A simple PIC done in
assembler would be the lowest parts count approach. That’s not exactly a simple thing
to learn just for a project like this.

Bob