[time-nuts] European Electronics Systems Radio Clock Model 100

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed Dec 13 20:59:53 EST 2017

Does anyone have a service manual or any information on the
Europeanlectronics Systems (EES) Radio Clock Model 100.
The company was part of Siemens but closed down in 2005.
The Model 100 was supplied by Plessey Defence Systems to the UK  military.
Some models could be GPS disciplined
Any information would  be gratefully received for the Radio Communication
Museum of Great  Britain.
(thanks to Robert with the hint about plain text !!)
Steve  Haseldine G8EBM

----------------------
Now there's interesting!

With EES being quite a small outfit based in Maldon, Essex, or so I
thought, I'm surprised to hear they were ever part of Siemens, are you  sure about
that?

For some reason I thought they eventually became part of  Radiocode Clocks,
although I could well be wrong on that  also, something not entirely
unheard of :-), but do seem to recall  several mergers etc amongst the various UK
off air standards  outfits.

I've got a few EES MSF and Droitwich clocks, including the earlier SFR060A
and SFR200B, plus a 201 at the top of one of my racks in constant  use, but
despite having some EES documentation I never did find much  on the model
100.

With half a dozen or so of the GPS conditioned versions of the  model 100
sitting in my garage I would also welcome some  documentation. My notes made
several years ago seem to have disappeared but  I do remember being
convinced that the GPS option was very much  an aftermarket afterthought, for that
read bodge:-), based on a  retrofit Motorola Oncore if I remember correctly,
and not really  something to get very excited about.

Regards, Nigel GM8PZR