[time-nuts] Lady Heather newb questions

W7SLS w7sls.scott at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 20:56:52 EST 2017

Hello,

Thanks for the great discussions on this group, and the work of all who brought Lady Heather to us.

I hope it is acceptable to ask some newbie questions?

What works:
	Lady Heather installs, connects, and runs fine.
	I’m comfortable with the command line interface.

What I’m curious about:
	Where can I get more information about some of the abbreviation on the main screen?
	For example:
		Tcor  (corrected time?)
		UNC (?)
	I searched w/o success for those terms on the web, within this group archives, and in, for example, HP Zxxx manuals.

I’m also curious about my specific GPSDO.  It is a Symmetricom, inside a small enclosure with a display ($150 / eBay).
	Specifically, even though I am not sure what UNC is, my guess is that 63k us  (= 63 ms) is not good.
	Still, my (uncalibrated) Tek scopes and Agilent frequency meter say it is “10 MHz”
	TFOM looks OK (@ 2)
	I’ve not measured the cable length
	I’ve had the GPSDO connected for maybe 24 hours.

Thank you for considering.

Scott
W7SLS

PS: Not sure whether a screen shot will make it to the group, but here goes.
PPS:  Yes, I obscured the specific lat/lon (but yes, I know there is enough info to find out anyway)
PPPS:  house blocks Northern sky