[time-nuts] question about HP 5601a harmonic generator

Kejia Lee kjlee007 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 20:17:58 EST 2017

Dear Richard,

Very nice to hear from you, and thank you a lot for the help!
Indeed, I have cleaned the erosion still not working.

I am trying to now* remeasure the break voltage of the diode*.
I suspect that the doping get diffused in the isolation layer after age,
which make it a good diode, but with different parameter for the step
recovery.

>From what I see in the circuit, I understand that *I need to tune the *
*resonance at a given frequency to have higher voltage to make sure *
*the diode reversely discharged*. I noted the tuning is very tricky, as
the waveguide assembly is also a part of the resonance circuit.

*Do you have a internal dimension of the assembly*, that will help speed up
with the EM calculation to understand which screw for what.

Best regards,

Kj