[time-nuts] WWV Receivers

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Feb 7 03:12:44 EST 2017

--------
In message <20170207072741.B084F406076 at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net>, Hal Murray writes:

>> esp. if one uses a Chinese $6.50 incl. shipping HF  receiver off eBay;
>
>Could somebody give me a lesson in receivers appropriate for extracting time
>from WWV?

Somebody should do an SDR project for this.

Modern microcontrollers have ADC's which are capable of sampling fast
enough and plenty of processing power to demodulate all the parts,
including the phase modulation.

Clock the microcontroller of your house-standard and you have a pretty
good sanity-check on your GPS receivers.