[time-nuts] HP 5061A Cesium Beam Std

David Smith w6te at msn.com
Thu Feb 9 20:21:38 EST 2017

Hello Time Nuts Friends,

I have acquired an HP 5061A off of EBAY and I believe the cesium beam tube may be bad. The ion pump meter pins out and never comes down to a reasonable level. I don’t have an external HVPS to check the tube as suggested in the manual. I’m thinking the worst here… that the tube is probably bad. The seller listed it “For Parts” and the usual “I have no way of checking it.” Fortunately, he has a 14 day return policy. He’s offered me $400 to keep it. I have $725 in it.

My question to the group is… are there replacement tubes available? Any suggestions on what to do with it if I can’t get a replacement tube?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Smith / W6TE