[time-nuts] Line Frequency standard change - Possible ?

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 13:25:59 EST 2017

One issue with power factor corrected power supplies is that in the short
term (as a minimum, at the line frequency), they do behave like resistors
(current goes up when voltage goes up) but as they have a slow voltage
regulation loop to provide regulated output, they do behave like constant
power loads to the grid in the long term. The transition between the two
modes of operation is not always smooth and can lead to instabilities when
combined with the generator's response and the line impedance.
I had this particular problem with a 5kW PFC corrected power supply that
was working fine by itself but caused line oscillations when 16 of them
were running in parallel.