[time-nuts] Vintage Frequency Measurement

Gary Woods garygarlic at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 12 17:12:02 EST 2017

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 17:16:18 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

>In a word,Wavemeters. Classic US onwas the BC221 with built in 100kHz crystal calibrator

A couple of years ago, I got a BC221 from an estate; had to recap the
homebrew power supply the late ham had built for it, but the BC221 worked
fine and after all these years I could still zero beat the reference
crystal against WWV, using the S-meter when the beats got too slow to hear.
Absolutely beautiful dial mechanism on those critters.
Totally OT: I once sat radio in a P2V "Neptune" that was being ferried back
to Alameda for update; still had the ART-13/BC-348 combo with an LM freq
meter.