[time-nuts] advice

Rhoderick Beery rjbeery at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:13:34 EST 2017

Greetings Time-Nuts!

I'm a physics theorist interested in performing an experiment to measure
the gravitational time dilation beneath the surface of the Earth. Boulby
Labs in the UK is 1.1 km down which would generate a time differential from
the surface on the order of 1 part in 10^15 -- not much to work with!

I've investigated measuring redshift/blueshift from lasers but our
wavemeter technology is no where near accurate enough. I've concluded that
my best solution is to use atomic clocks, of which I know very little
about. I thought a clock-enthusiast mail group would be a fantastic way for
me to learn about the subject as well as possibly spur ideas on the lab
test design itself.

Thanks in advance!!
-------
Rhoderick Beery